History & Appearances
In the first feature film, the Cousins are first discovered by Kim, Jason, Friend Bear, and Secret Bear when their trip in the Rainbow Rescue Beam puts them in the Forest of Feelings rather than down on Earth.
A different backstory for the cousins is given in the second movie. While the Care Bears discovered them in the first, now the Cousins had initially known them while being raised by True Heart Bear and Noble Heart Horse, though they still moved to their main home, The Forest of Feelings. This can be explained by viewing the first movie as a midquel rather than a prequel.
- Brave Heart Lion
- Bright Heart Raccoon
- Cozy Heart Penguin
- Lotsa Heart Elephant
- Gentle Heart Lamb
- Playful Heart Monkey
- Proud Heart Cat
- Swift Heart Rabbit
- Loyal Heart Dog
- Treat Heart Pig
- Noble Heart Horse
- All of the Care Cousins received a redesign for the 2003 relaunch toyline except for Noble Heart Horse and Treat Heart Pig.
- Rather than the Care Bear Stare, the cousins use the Cousin Call
- Cozy Heart Penguin is the only member of the Care Bears Family who is not a mammal
- Only 4 Cousins are shown in the latest show, Care Bears and Cousins.
- Every single Care Bear Cousin has a heart in their belly badge and has "Heart" as a middle name.