Laugh-a-Lot Bear is a Care bear who made her first appearance as a plush toy during the 2002-2006 franchise relaunch. Since then, she has made sporadic appearances throughout other Care Bears-related media beginning with the 2004 film Care Bears: Journey to Joke-a-lot. She has orange fur and her Belly badge depicts a yellow smiling star with its tongue sticking out. It's first used in a care bear sing along toy. Laugh-a-Lot doesn't have to be a doctor to know that laughter is the best medicine. According to her, there's no situation that can't be improved by looking at the humerus side, and sometimes laughing in the face of adversity is the best way to overcome it. Because laughter is infectious, she stays giddy most of the time, hoping that her happy-go-lucky attitude will rub off on others.
In other languages:
Danish: Latterbjørn ("Laughing Bear")
French (Canadian): Rigolours ("Fun Bear")
German: Lachbärchi ("Laugh Bear")
Spanish: Chistosita/Risueñosita ("Funny/Smiling Bear")
Swedish: Skrattnalle ("Laughter Bear")
2003-2006: There's always something funny going on wherever Laugh-a-lot Bear is. This silly bear gets everything mixed up but turns her little misfortunes and mistakes into lots of laughter for others. Her symbol shows what she really is - a star at giving others the giggles.
2002 Website Profile:
- Caring Mission: Helps people laugh.
- Symbol: Laugh-a-lot Bear's laughing star shows that she is a star at starting laughter.
- Personality: Silly and giggly.
- Character Quirk: She has a magically contagious giggle that can make others laugh for no real reason.
- Color: Orange.
- Best Friend: Love-a-lot Bear
- Relationship Challenge: She likes Funshine Bear, but oddly, she never seems to get his jokes.
- Motto: Get some giggles going!
- Laugh-a-Lot Bear has a similar naming structure to other characters such as Love-a-Lot Bear, Play-a-Lot Bear, and Thanks-a-Lot Bear.
- Going strictly by toy release dates, Laugh-a-Lot is the first new Care Bear introduced in the 2000s, appearing as part of the Sing-Along Bears line in the summer of 2003.