Wish Bear is one of the ten original Care Bears who first appeared on American Greetings greeting cards in late 1982. She helps make wishes come true, and even if they don't always come true, making wishes and working hard to help make them come true is still fun. Her fur color is turquoise; and her symbol is a yellow smiling shooting star. In the TV series Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-Lot, she wears a star-shaped hair clip.
Twinkers, a wishing star, is her best friend (whom she met as a cub) who appears in Care Bears: Journey to Joke-a-lot as well as in The Care Bears' Big Wish Movie where Wish Bear is the main character.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 1980's series
- 3 2000's series
- 4 2010's series
- 5 Descriptions
- 6 Notes
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Evolution
Whilst the other 8 bears search for a boy named Kevin, Wish Bear and Grumpy Bear keep a girl named Donna company. Until the other bears each become defeated one by one by the perilous environment and the villian Professor Coldheart's devices. Wish Bear then makes a wish that brings everyone to the villians castle, which is where Kevin was being kept.
Wish Bear appears in the second special: The Care Bears Battle the Freeze Machine.
Wish Bear appears in the first movie: The Care Bears Movie.
Wish Bear appears in the second movie: Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation.
Wish Bear appears in the first CG Care Bears video: Journey to Joke-a-Lot.
In the second CG Care Bears video, Wish Bear is the main protagonist, and is among the residents of Care-a-Lot who welcome their new neighbors, Me Bear, Messy Bear, and Too Loud Bear to the community.
However, the new Bears abuse the power of Wish Bear's wishing star Twinkers, going as far as for Care-a-Lot to begin falling apart. Wish Bear alongside other Bears, team up to rebuild it before its too late.
In the newest series, Wish has become a very practical and supportive bear. She is a good people-person, believes herself to be a sort of "mom" to the Caring mission, and advocates paying it forward. This is a change from previous incarnations, who mostly portrayed Wish Bear as naive and a little lost. Her role as a main character has also been reinstated.
2002-2006: Do you have a wish? Then Wish Care Bear is the bear you should wish for. She knows that sometimes
wishes come true, and that even when they don't, making wishes can be a lot of fun. She shows this with her tummy symbol - a smiling wishing star.
2002 Website Profile:
- Caring Mission: Helps wishes come true.
- Symbol: Wish Bear's shooting star with a rainbow tail reminds us to believe in our dreams.
- Personality: Quiet and shy.
- Character Quirk: Can sometimes "magically" make the wishes come true—but not always, and sometimes the wishes come true in funny ways.
- Color: Light Teal.
- Best Friend: Cheer Bear and Bedtime Bear.
- Relationship Challenge: Sometimes Good Luck Bear teases her into arguments about who is luckier.
- Motto: Your wish is my wish!
20th Anniversary: Wish Bear helps make people's wishes come true. She believes that there's not a worry in the world that a wish won't wipe out. Wish Bear is a dreamer, but a special kind of dreamer because her wishful thinking makes other' dreams come true. Wish Bear's wishing star tummy symbol reminds us that there is magic and hope in wishing.
2007-2011: Wish Bear has the best job in the whole world-to help make wishes come true! Her best friend is Twinkers, a wishing star that helps her grant wishes. But look out-those wishes don't always turn out like you hope. Wish Bear's belly badge is a bright shooting star with a rainbow trail.
The Bears Are Back in Town - The Ultimate Guidebook: Wish it. Dream it. Do it! Practical, supportive, and nurturing, Wish Bear is always there for the Care Bears, no matter what. An excellent listener who is always open to others, Wish has been known to grant wishes even before they've been wished. This nurturing bear believes anyone has the power to grant a wish if they listen and are open. She's proud of all that the Carte Bears have accomplished on their journey, especially how much each bear has learned and grown.
In other languages:
Danish: Ønskebjørn ("Wish Bear")
French: Grostaquin and Toumagique
French (Canadian): Désirnours
German: Wunschbärchi ("Wish Bear")
Italian (80's toy package): Magicorso ("Magic Bear")
Italian (Cartoon): Desiderorso ("Eager Bear")
Norwegian: Drømmebamse ("Dream Bear")
Polish: Miś Życzeń ("Wishlist Bear")
Spanish: Deseosita ("Wish Bear")
Spanish (Spain): Deseosita ("Wish Bear")
Swedish: Önskenalle ("Wishful Bear")
- In the Big Wish Movie, Wish Bear mentions that she has an uncle named Wish-a-Lot, but he never actually appeared at all.
- For some reason, for her 2007 design, the smiling face on the star on her belly badge is missing in all animation and promotional artwork.
- When she was a cub in the Big Wish Movie, she couldn't pronounce "imagination" right.
- Wish Bear was the only Care Bear who appeared a cub in two movies: Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation and The Care Bears' Big Wish Movie. She also wore a yellow bow and two white socks with cyan stripes in the former, but not the latter. She also makes baby sounds in the former and talks in the latter.